Reports to : SUPERVISOR/SHIFT LEADER
- Responsible for checking–in and checking-out our guests in a friendly and caring manner according to the procedures and standards. Displays a professional and positive image of the plays a crucial role in the first and last impression the guest will have.
- Registers guests and assigns rooms, accommodates special requests whenever possible.
- Assists in pre-registration and blocking of rooms for arrivals.
- Thoroughly understands and adheres to proper credit, checks cashing, and cash-handling policies and procedures.
- Understands room status and room status tracking.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available and room rates.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the .
- Coordinates room status, updates with the Housekeeping Department by notifying them of all check outs, early check ins, special requests and day-use rooms.
- Possesses a working knowledge of reservation department, takes same day reservation and future reservation when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
- Follows procedure of issuing and closing safety deposit boxes by guests.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette.
- Uses proper mail, package, and message handling procedures.
- Reads and initials the logbook on a daily basis. Be aware of daily activities taking place in the .
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to Shift Leader or designated Manager.
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures.
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area.
- Understands that business demands sometimes make it necessary to move employees from their accustomed shifts to other shifts.
- Develops a thorough knowledge of computer system, room allocation and types of rooms.
- Stays up to date on room rates, packages, discounts, and how to handle each as well how each relates to each department.
- Develops a detailed knowledge about the staff, services and hours of operations.
- Complete check in and check out procedures efficiently.
- Obtain house bank and keep it balanced.
- Post charges to guests’ accounts.
- Transfer guests’ balances to other accounts as required and according to the policies.
- Take departmental readings at the beginning of each shift.
- Handle cash, travelers’ cheques, credit cards and direct billing requested properly.
- Make adjustments and handle paid outs.
- Transfer folios charged to city ledger to each company master file or PM account.
- Balance total at the close of each shift.
- Control of meeting room keys and master key of the .
- Responsible for returning guests’ passports after scanning them immediately.
- Uses proper vouchers to deal with different front desk transactions (cash receipts, vouchers, foreign currency vouchers, miscellaneous vouchers, and paid out vouchers).
- Implements & controls the policies and regulation related to staff Health & Safety, Grooming, Service & Hygiene.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by management.
(courtesy of “KEMPINSKI HOTEL MALL OF THE EMIRATES DUBAI”)